Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 14 through May 20, 2012

I finished five months of physical therapy and the weather has finally cleared so I’m back to riding. My primary doc and the physical therapist said that I should restrict my riding to 2 hours per day – at least for a while; although a friend told me about “Back-A-Line” – a back support that I ordered and received a few days ago. I’ve used it a few times and think I can squeeze out more than two hours without serious repercussions. Last week I rode five days and clocked a total of 500 miles for the week with no ill effects. Then the rain returned but I got out today and rode between the sprinkles for another hundred miles. The weather doesn’t look the greatest for the rest of the week, but I think I can get in some miles. I’m sure I won’t win the high-mileage contest this year but at this stage in life, it doesn’t really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment