Monday, October 15, 2012

Mesa Verde and the Four Corners area with Lillian

I bought a new Harley Davidson FLHT in 1986 and put almost 40,000 miles on it in the next 15 months that I owned it. One of the trips I took was a two-lane road ride from my home in New York State to Phoenix, where I met my wife Lillian at the airport. From there we visited Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Canyon de Chelly, Pueblo Cliff Dwellings in New Mexico, Mesa Verde National Park, and Silverton and Ouray in Colorado. We spent the longest time climbing around the ancient ruins at Mesa Verde. The following photos are from that trip.


Monument Valley, Utah




Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona - South Rim











Petrified Forest National Park, Arizona



Painted Desert, Arizona



Mesa Verde National Park, Arizona entrance



























Climbing down into kiva

Kivas are underground ceremonial rooms

















Durango to Silverton tourist railway along US 550









Red Mountain Pass - 11,017 ft


Silverton, Colorado - elevation 9,308 ft


Box Canyon Falls, Ouray, Colorado










No comments:

Post a Comment